Jumaat, 9 Mac 2012

YANG DIPERTUAN AGONG KE-14

On the eventful 13th December 2011, Tuanku Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah ibni Sultan Badlishah, the Sultan of Kedah was solemnized as the 14th Yang di-Pertuan Agong, the supreme constitutional leader of Malaysia. This mark historical event as His Majesty has been elected TWICE as the Yang di-Pertuan Agong; the first was as the 5th Yang di-Pertuan Agong spanning in the years 1970-1975! I find that is really amazing as I am a history-freak, you know. *smirk*
Courtesy of Google Image. 
Born in the year 1927, His Majesty is now at the age of 84 years old. It was reported that he recalled the days when he was about to be solemnized as the 5th Yang di-Pertuan Agong; he was whisked to Kuala Lumpur from Kedah via train; but this time around, a plane was waiting for him. Tuanku Abdul Halim have two wives; the first was Tuanku Bahiyah who passed away circa 2003 and the second is Che Puan Kedah who then elevated as the Sultanah Of Kedah; Tuanku Haminah bt Hamidun.
The late Sultanah Bahiyah.
Although I am a Penangite (born and bred there) but Mak is a Kedahan and since we now reside there, I’ve regarded Kedah as my adopted state. I love the state as much as I love Penang and the air of paddy-field vista and all its triumph and glory make me equally proud and excited, too. And of course to be able to complete my one-year-haul-of-KPLI in Jitra, Kedah has cemented my love to the Land Of Paddy-Field, as well.
The solemnization ceremony of the 14th Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia.
My wish is that may Tuanku Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah ibni Sultan Badlishah, our 14th Yang di-Pertuan Agong as well as the Sultan of Kedah will be able to carry his duty successfully and the Kedahans will always pray for His Majesty Tuanku and Her Majesty Sultanah (now styled Raja Permaisuri Agong; the Yang di-Pertuan Agong’s consort).

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan